Subtle Art & Science of Restorative Yoga with Samantha Akers, C-IAYT, E-RYT 500
January 4 - 25, 2023
Join Sam for a Free Talk "Restorative Yoga for Chronic Pain and Nervous System Balance"
Learn how Restorative Yoga can relieve chronic pain and support nervous system balance, igniting the parasympathetic response of rest and digest.
Sign up here for access to this lecture:
Subtle Art & Science of Restorative Yoga
A 25-Hour Training for Yoga Teachers and Interested Students
Join Sam Akers for her signature Restorative Yoga training. Restorative yoga is a truly sacred and magical practice and yet, it seems so often, teachers are given very little specialty training in how to offer support and comfort to students. Restorative yoga not only works on relaxing the fascia and muscles but allows for down regulation of the nervous system, during these often intense times of stress. In this training, Sam will help train you to develop your eyes to see where and how the body as well as the joints can be supported with props, correct alignment in asana and why including mindfulness, breath practices and metta (loving kindness) phrases are valuable anchors for those with trauma (and without!) Trainees learn sequencing for anxiety and depression, for morning and evening restorative and special conditions. Restorative yoga is a work of art through tenderness, attention and kindness.
- Restorative Yoga Teacher Training Manual
- 10 hours of pre-recorded content videos
- Restorative YogaClasses
- Metta Meditation Classes
- Pre-recorded content released Dec 28
- 4 Live Zoom classes on Jan 4, 11, 18, 25, 2023 4-5pm PDT
- 25 Continue Education Credits with Yoga Alliance
- Certificate upon successful completion for 25 hours of training in Restorative Yoga & Metta Meditation
What You Will Learn
- To develop the eye to see where and why, student may be in need of more support from props
- All about fascia and the nervous system and why lengthening fascia seems to trigger the parasympathetic nervous system
- How to Sequence for anxiety and/or depression relief as well as general class sequencing
- The difference between Restorative and Yin Yoga and why there is confusion
- How to lead loving kindness meditations
- Incorporating ball rolling in Restorative and why
- How to offer a tender and holistic Restorative Yoga class for any group
- All classes are recorded for those in Europe or those who many need to miss a class. Please plan to attend all 4 classes if possible, for pose studies. All pre-recorded videos and manual will be released Wednesday, December 28, 2022
Cost: $347 Early Bird by Dec 21/ $397 RegularRegister Here!
Sam’s soul oozes with love and gratitude and that spills over to her students. Her zest and love for what she does makes you feel safe, loved, and excited to delve into self-study. She taught me how to calm my mind, open my heart, and know that it will be OK.
I came to Therayoga with some spinal injuries and associated back and hip pain, and took a restorative yoga class with Samantha. After 12 years of being a yoga student, it was such a wonderful surprise to be introduced to this wonderful type of healing yoga. Samantha truly has a gift she empowers her students to take the best care of themselves!
About Samantha Akers
Samantha is a C-IAYT Certified Yoga Therapist, E-RYT 500 Yoga Instructor and Massages Therapist with an extensive background in structural anatomy and is a certified Massage Therapist, as well as a certified Hatha, Kundalini, and Kids yoga teacher. She has been practicing and teaching yoga since 1999.
Sam's love of therapeutic yoga inspired her to open TheraYoga Studio, in Los Angeles Ca. From there she went on to develop the TheraYoga Method, which is not only a 200 and 300 hour teacher training, but also encompasses smaller trainings and workshops in Restorative Yoga, Mindfulness and Yoga for Special Conditions, Fascial Fitness in Asana and Yin Yoga.
Find out more about Sam here: https://www.therayogamethod.com/about